Implementation of the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers at Slovak Research Institutions
29 November 2017
Hotel Crowne Plaza, Hodžovo námestie 2, Bratislava
The purpose of the workshop is to inform representatives of research-performing institutions about the principles of a European Charter for Researchers and a Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers and their implementation via the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R). The Workshop will provide the participants with a unique opportunity to discuss the practical aspect of this step-wise process with two invited experts from institutions having already undergone the whole procedure.
12.45 – 13.00 Registration
13.00 – 13.15 Opening and introduction of participants
13.15 – 13.30 An overview of Charter & Code principles and HRS4R
13.30 – 14.00 HRS4R implementation at Croatian Universities and Research Institutes (Barbara Unković, University of Pula, Croatia)
14.00 – 14.30 Implementation of HRS4R at Lithuanian Sports University (Inga Staškevičiūtė-Butienė, Lithuanian Sports University, Kaunas, Lithuania)
14.30 – 14.45 Coffee Break
14.45 – 16.00 Discussion on the practical aspects of the HRS4R implementation
• How to carry out the GAP analysis and prepare the Action plan?
• How to set up bodies responsible for implementing and overseeing the process?
• Who are the internal and external stakeholders in the process and how to involve them?
• What does the assessment process look like?
• How can different stakeholders (Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport, Slovak Rectors´ Conference, SAIA,...) collaborate to support the implementation of the HRS4R at Slovak research institutions?