Recognition of Diplomas and Qualifications
The Slovak Republic is bound by the Directive 2005/36/EC on recognition of professional qualifications. The Directive divided the recognition of documents on previous education according to the purpose of recognition on:
- recognition of previous education for academic purposes (i.e. recognition of previous education in order to continue in education in the Slovak Republic) or for pursuing a so‑called non‑regulated profession;
- recognition of previous education for pursuing a so‑called regulated profession in the Slovak Republic (e.g. barrister, dentist, vet, university teacher, psychologist, policeman, carpenter, etc.).
- recognises final documents on education obtained abroad for pursuing selected regulated professions in the Slovak Republic
- automatically recognises documents on the 3rd level of higher education obtained in another Member state of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland
- recognises the level of completed education obtained abroad for academic purposes, for pursuing non‑regulated professions and for obtaining a so‑called “Blue Card” in the Slovak Republic;
- recognises completed education and part of education obtained abroad for relevant authorities and institution in the Slovak Republic;
- is responsible for equivalence and conversion of grades obtained at primary or secondary schools abroad to Slovak classification scale.
The Centre for Recognition of Diplomas (CRD) is a part of ENIC (European Network of Information Centres) and NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centre) in the European Union and acts as a national contact point for recognition in the EU and National Centre for Europass. CRD is a part of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
Contact: Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic - Centre for Recognition of Diplomas
Stromová 1, 813 30 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Tel.: +421–2–59 37 46 23
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 to 11:30 and from 12:30 to 14:00