Information on job vacancies is available on the internet as well as in the national, regional and local newspapers.
When seeking a job you can also use the services of specialised entities/agencies. They can arrange a job for a certain fee upon a permit issued by the Central Office of Labour, Social Affairs and Family. A list of job intermediaries is available at the website of the Central Office of Labour, Social Affairs and Family.
Job counselling for third country nationals is also provided by the Migration Information Centre. They also offer allowances for and educational and requalification courses.
Other useful links:
- When looking for a job as a researcher or a university teacher, it is advisable to have a look at the EURAXESS Jobs section with research opportunities in Slovakia.
- Job offers at Slovak higher education institutions are available on the website of the Ministry of Education (in Slovak only).
- Job offers at the Slovak Academy of Sciences (in Slovak only) and the possibility to register as a job seeker
- Profesia search database of job vacancies (the web page is available also in Czech, English, German and Hungarian)
- Slovak business directory - Green pages
- Slovak network of European Employment Service – EURES; information on the labour market, living and working conditions and freedom of movement is available at http://ec.europa.eu/eures in all official languages of the EU
- Jooble - job search engine gathering links to job postings from different job sites that are relevant to search terms. Note: most of the positions in Slovakia are published in Slovak language.