Staying in Slovakia for more than 3 months
If an EU/EEA/Swiss national intends to stay in Slovakia for longer than 3 months, he/she is obliged to submit the notice of stay to the foreign police office within 10 working days since his/her arrival to Slovakia (as mentioned in the article "Staying in Slovakia for less than three months"). After that he/she can stay in Slovakia without any further obligations for up to three months from the entry into the Slovak Republic. Once this period of three months is over, the EU/EEA/Swiss national is obliged to apply for the registration of residence in Slovakia within next 30 days.
Find the competent foreign police office (in Slovak language only)
What do you need for the report the beginning of your stay?
If you are staying in private accommodation, you need to submit the following:
- completed form "Notice of the stay" (available in 6 languages; however, must be completed in the Slovak language)
What do you need for the registration of residence of an EU/EEA/Swiss national?
Come in person to the foreign police office during the office hours and present the following:
- completed form "Application for registration of right of residence of Union Citizen" (must be completed in the Slovak language),
- valid ID/passport,
- a document proving the purpose of your stay in Slovakia and/or sufficient financial resources:
- in the case of employment in the territory of the Slovak Republic – an employment confirmation or a commitment of the employer,
- a document proving you dispose of sufficient resources for you and your family members not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the Slovak Republic and a certificate of health insurance in Slovakia or a certificate of insurance reimbursement for medical expenses in the territory of the Slovak Republic,
- in the case of study in Slovakia – a confirmation of study or an admission letter to a school in Slovakia and a statutory declaration of sufficient financial resources,
- in case you assume to be employed in Slovakia – a statutory declaration on a continuing search for a job in Slovakia and a proof of medical insurance,
- in case you are a family member of an EU citizen, you will accompany or join - a certificate of registration of the EU citizen, and a birth or marriage certificate, or a proof of your permanent relationship.
If you are interested in obtaining a Residence card of an EU citizen, you are required to submit the following:
- two recent photographs (3 x 3,5 cm),
- document in Slovak proving provision of accommodation (e.g a confirmation from your accommodation provider or a rental agreement with officially notarized signatures).
Fee: 4.50 EUR for the issue of an EU national residence card